Author: Poolking - Swimming Pool Equipment Manufacturer
The pool pump capacitor is an essential component in ensuring the efficient functioning of your swimming pool system. Over time, these capacitors can wear out or break down, leading to poor pump performance and increased energy costs. In such cases, it’s crucial to know where to buy a new capacitor to keep your pool running smoothly.
Here are some things you need to know about pool pump capacitors and where to buy them:
Understanding Pool Pump Capacitors
A pool pump capacitor is an electrical component that stores and regulates energy in the motor of your pool pump. It helps to start the motor and keep it running correctly, preventing it from overheating or burning out. Without a functioning capacitor, your pool pump will not run efficiently or at all.
Signs You Need a New Pool Pump Capacitor
There are some clear indications that your pool pump capacitor is damaged or malfunctioning. These include:
- Increased energy bills: If your pool pump starts to draw more energy than usual, there’s a good chance the capacitor is failing.
- Your pump is not starting: A pool pump that fails to start or takes longer than usual to do so is often a sign of a faulty capacitor.
- Motor hums but doesn’t start: If the pool pump motor makes a humming sound but doesn’t start, it could be an indication of a bad capacitor.
- Your pump is making strange noises: Any unusual sounds coming from your pool pump, such as screeching or grinding, could be due to a bad capacitor.
Where to Buy a Pool Pump Capacitor
If you are experiencing any of the above issues, it’s likely that you need to replace your pool pump capacitor. Fortunately, these capacitors are readily available and can be purchased online or at your local pool supply store.
There are several online stores where you can buy a pool pump capacitor. These include Amazon, eBay, or dedicated pool equipment suppliers like Pool Supply World or Pool Plaza. When purchasing online, make sure to buy from a reputable supplier and check customer reviews before placing your order.
Brick and Mortar Stores
If you prefer to buy your pool pump capacitor locally, you can visit a brick and mortar store that specializes in pool supplies. Stores like Leslie’s Pool Supplies, Pinch A Penny, and Pool Mart typically stock a range of capacitors for different pool pump models.
If you’re unsure about what type of capacitor you need or don’t want to attempt replacing the capacitor yourself, you can take your pool pump to a repair shop. They will assess the problem and install a new capacitor for you. However, it’s important to note that repair costs can be more expensive than purchasing a new capacitor and installing it yourself.
Tips for Buying a Pool Pump Capacitor
When buying a new pool pump capacitor, it’s essential to ensure you get the right capacitor for your pump. Here are some tips to help you choose the right capacitor:
- Check the specifications: Make sure the capacitor you purchase matches the specifications of your existing capacitor. You can find this information in your pool pump manual or by consulting a pool equipment expert.
- Buy from a reputable supplier: To ensure you get a quality product, buy from a reputable supplier who stocks genuine parts.
- Look for a warranty: Choose a capacitor with a warranty to give you peace of mind that you are getting a quality product.
A bad pool pump capacitor can cause several problems for your swimming pool system, including increased energy bills and reduced pump performance. If you’re experiencing any of the above-mentioned signs of a bad capacitor, it’s crucial to replace it as soon as possible. You can purchase a new capacitor online, in-store, or at a repair shop, depending on your preferences. Remember to choose a capacitor that matches your pump specifications and comes from a reputable supplier..