How to Backwash Hayward Perflex Pool Filter
Maintaining a clean and sparkling pool can be a challenging task, especially if you are not equipped with the necessary tools and knowledge. A pool filter is an essential component in keeping your swimming pool's water clean and clear from debris, dirt, and other impurities. The Hayward Perflex Pool Filter is a popular choice among homeowners for its efficient and effective cleaning performance. In this article, we will guide you on how to backwash the Hayward Perflex Pool Filter, a critical process that helps extend the lifespan of your pool system while ensuring it operates at optimal performance.
What is Backwashing?
Backwashing is the process of cleaning your pool filter by reversing the flow of water, flushing out trapped dirt, and debris that have accumulated over time. The Hayward Perflex Pool Filter uses a unique cleaning method called Flex-Tube that makes backwashing more efficient and requires less water. The backwashing process should be done regularly or when the system's pressure gauge reads high, indicating a clogged filter.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Backwash Hayward Perflex Pool Filter
Before backwashing, make sure that you have the necessary tools, such as a backwash hose or PVC pipe, and that your pool filter's multiport valve is in the Backwash position.
Step 1: Turn off the pool pump
Turn off the pool pump to prevent damage to the system and ensure your safety during the backwashing process.
Step 2: Prepare your backwash hose
Connect your backwash hose to the waste port of the Hayward Perflex Pool Filter. Make sure the hose is laid out in the right direction and to a sufficient location for wastewater disposal.
Step 3: Backwash your Hayward Perflex Pool Filter
Turn on your pool pump and watch the discharging water into the waste pipe. After a minute or two, turn off the pump, and switch the multiport valve from Backwash to Rinse. Turn the pump back on for a few seconds, then turn it off again.
Step 4: Rinse the filter
Switch the valve to the Rinse position, turn on the pump, and let it run for around 30 seconds or until the water runs clear. Turn off the pump again and set the valve back to the Filter position.
Step 5: Turn on the pump
Turn on the pool pump and wait for the system to regain its operating pressure. Check the pressure gauge, and if it is still high, repeat the backwashing process until the pressure gauge returns to a lower reading.
Benefits of Backwashing Hayward Perflex Pool Filter
Backwashing your Hayward Perflex Pool Filter not only keeps your swimming pool clean and clear but also provides several benefits, including:
1. Efficient filtration - By removing clogs and debris, backwashing allows water to flow freely through the filter, ensuring it captures and removes all contaminants.
2. Cost-effective - Regular backwashing helps prolong the lifespan of your pool filter, preventing costly repairs or replacements.
3. Improved water circulation - A clean filter means better water circulation throughout your swimming pool, which maintains water quality and reduces operational costs.
4. Improved pool chemistry - A clean and well-functioning pool filter helps maintain the right balance of pH, total alkalinity, and chlorine levels, preventing the growth of algae and bacteria.
5. Improved overall pool health - Regular backwashing helps keep your pool healthy, ensuring a safe and enjoyable swimming experience for you, your family, and friends.
Maintaining a clean and healthy swimming pool is vital, and backwashing your Hayward Perflex Pool Filter is a simple but effective way to ensure it operates at optimal performance. Follow our step-by-step guide to backwashing your pool filter and enjoy the benefits of clean and sparkling pool water. Remember to backwash your pool filter regularly to extend its lifespan and save on costly repairs or replacements..